These casual sessions and includes the use of studio tools and equipment at Firebird Studios.
- Clay is to be purchased separately and a small selection is available from our clay store in the studio. Just ask the studio staff to assist you.
- We will bisque fire your completed work and store for 6 weeks until you come in again to finish and glaze your work. A separate Glaze Ticket will be required for this session or you may use/purchase another Casual Community Clay session
- You details will be required to be recorded in the Casual Community Clay Register so we can communicate with you.
- Your firing cost will be charged at the current studio rates.
- Please be aware that we have classes held on Tuesday Wed and Thursdays and you may have to find a spot at a table, allowing priority to the enrolled students
Open hours for Community Clay at Firebird Studios:
- Tuesday – Thursday 9 am – 8 pm
- Friday 9 am – 5 pm
- Saturday 9 am – 3pm
- Sunday and Monday – Closed
- Please note: Our reception Hours are different to the above so if you require to pay, collect your work or discuss matters with staff – please come during our advertised Reception hours.
**These sessions are self directed, so you must have some experience with clay! There will be staff members on hand at times, however please be mindful of their commitments to the entire studio and the general running of a busy studio. This is Open Studio time and should not be considered Private Lesson time. If you require extended 1 on 1 time then talk to us and we find a suitable class for you to attend. You must have at least attend one of our Introduction courses completed to be a community clay member
Community Clay Guidelines:
- You will need your own clay and tools.
- Studio Clay is available to purchase for $10 per bag
- There are a range of 8 Basic Studio Glazes for you to choose from. Use 1 glaze per pot only. Other glazes and advanced glazing will cost $2 per kg of your Bisque if you would like to use them (Studio Rules apply – any combining of glazes must be tested first on a test tile)
- Please use your own underglazes, slips and colourants.
- Please take your clay home with you.
- Your work must be marked with your name if left on the drying shelves
- Please leave a bag and a name label with CC on wet clay left on the drying table. This way we know to bag it and label it for you before we leave for the day.
- We only hold your work on any shelf for 6 weeks!
- Your name or mark should be on every piece you put into the kiln room.
- Your firing fees will be normal rate of $8 per kg for Bisque and $10 per kg for Glaze firing.
**** These prices are valid from 1 Sept 2022.