Introduction To Pottery Short Course
Our Introduction to Pottery Short Course is a great entrance course for those who want to dip their toes without committing to a Master Class!
Introduction to Pottery Short Course
The Introduction to Pottery Short Course is a 5 week immersion into the very basic techniques used in making pottery by hand.
You will learn about the different types of clay, how to roll clay, pinch, coil and slab build.
You will make plates, planters, cups, mugs, and a vase.
Start Dates For 2021
- About clay
- Rolling clay by hand
- Creating & using textures
- Various flatware plates and bowls
- Japanese Press Plates
- Pinch Pots – candle holders
- Slip Cast a Keep Cup
- Obtaining a professional finish
- Clay cycle – make, bisque, glaze, glaze fire
- Coil Building project – vase, jug, planter, sculpture
- Underglaze and clear glaze
- Slab building
- Make a set of slab built cups
- Rules of glazing
- Glaze work
- Introduction to the Potters Wheel
- We will trim and finish your work to bisque
- Make sure you keep comin gin to finish glazing your work!
Where to from here?
You can continue to learn at your own pace with a membership to Open Studios.
You could try your hand at “throwing” on the Potter’s Wheel
You could go on and develop your skills further with a Master Class
Made by Students
Sign Up For Our Newsletter
Sign up for our newsletter to stay in touch regarding classes, workshops, exhibitions, market days, open days and more. Our newsletter also has tips and hints for your pottery skills development!