Introduction To Pottery – Intermediate
When you complete the Introduction to Pottery you may wish to explore pottery more! Go into the Hand Building Master Class, or another field of pottery, or choose the Introduction to Pottery – Intermediate – Short Course!
Introduction to Pottery – Intermediate – Short Course
The Introduction to Pottery – Intermediate – Short Course is a 5 week immersion into the the next level techniques used in making pottery by hand.
You will learn more advanced hand building techniques and a lot more about decoration!
You will make a teapot set, a large vase with different surfaces and two major decoration techniques. Your understanding of glazes will advance as well!
- Using pinch pot techniques we will begin to make a tea set
- We will use washi paper and underglazes along with texture to decorate the set.
- In this lesson we will finish the tea set
- Begin the decorative process for the tea set.
- Begin a more complex slab built project
- Apply coloured slip
- Finishing the advanced slab building project with sgrafitto and washi
- Make a large bowl with legs
- Intermediate glazing – get more control and understanding
In this course you will take your beginner level skills and attempt some more complex designs and techniques!
The course include Open Studios access and all materials and firings.
Please indicate your interest for the Introduction to Pottery – Intermediate – Short Course using the form.
Made by Students
Sign Up For Our Newsletter
Sign up for our newsletter to stay in touch regarding classes, workshops, exhibitions, market days, open days and more. Our newsletter also has tips and hints for your pottery skills development!