Hand Buidling Short Course
Learn the major hand building techniques and make some amazing pottery!
Flatware, pinch pots, press plates, slab building and slip casting!
Hand Building Short Course
The Hand Building Short Course delves into the making of pottery making pottery by hand.
You will learn about the different types of clay, how to roll clay, pinch, coil and slab build.
You will make plates, planters, cups, mugs, and a vase.
Start Dates For 2021
- About clay
- Rolling clay by hand
- Creating & using textures
- Various flatware plates and bowls
- Japanese Press Plates
- Pinch Pots – candle holders or bells
- Slip Cast a Keep Cup
- Obtaining a professional finish
- Clay cycle – make, bisque, glaze, glaze fire
- Slab building
- Make a set of slab built cups
- Rules of glazing
- Glaze work
- Coil Building project – vase, jug, planter, sculpture
- Underglaze and clear glaze
- Glaze your work
- Slab or pinch pot a beautiful trinket box
- Finish glazing your work
Where to from here?
You can continue to learn at your own pace with a membership to Open Studios.
You could try your hand at “throwing” on the Potter’s Wheel
You could go on and develop your skills further with a Master Class
Made by Students
Sign Up For Our Newsletter
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news, updates and discounts from our team.