- This event has passed.
Throw a Teapot Mini Course
January 28 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm$315
Throw a Teapot Mini Course – 3 Weeks
Starting Thursday 28th January 6pm – 8 pm
This Mini Course is for those with basic throwing skills to extend themselves to throw a teapot! You may have made teapots before and would like ot improve your techniques and ideas, or you might not have ever tried to make a teapot, but can center your clay and control it (even a bit!!!).
- Learn to throw “off the hump”
- Visualising teapot proportions
- Make the spout
- Make the lid
- Make the body of your teapot
- Gone well? Have you got time to make another one?
- Pull handles and sprigs
- Trim the lid and body of the teapot
- Fit the lid to the body
- Cut the spout and add – remember the pouring holes!!!
- Alter or add stamps/textures
- Clean up and finish
- Learn about glazing
- Wax the lid rims
- Glaze your teapot, watch out for the strainer holes!
- Where to get cane handles..
It will take around two weeks for your work to go through the glaze kiln.
Please bring your own towel.