Porcelain Short Course – 4 weeks
March 9 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm$425.00
Porcelain Short Course – 5 Weeks
Starting March 9th 6 – 9 pm
We have been running many mini courses in porcelain, and our students can’t get enough of this demanding material and amazing results when it all goes well. This 5 week course will take you through all the basics you will need to learn to begin your journey with porcelain.
- What is porcelain
- Why is it more difficult to work with
- Porcelain plastic clay vs porcelain slip
- Making blocks of nerikome
- Introduction to making vases with nerikome
- Neriage with scraps or thrown on the wheel
- Black clay and porcelain
- Using nerikome in platters
- Pinch pots sculptural work
- Creating fineness and texture
- Make a multi piece porcelain sculptural work
- Slip casting with porcelain
- Glazing porcelain
As it is important to dry your porcelain work very slowly it is likely you will need to continue working on your pieces for a few more weeks. Keep coming to the studio and get them all through. there will be a gold and lustre firing towards the end of each term if you want to do a third process as well!
All materials and firings (including the third lustre firing if you want to join in) are included. Please bring your own hand towel.
This course is most suitable for people who have some clay experience.