- This event has passed.
Open Studio Classes – Thursday Evenings
March 14 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 6:00 pm on Thursday, repeating until May 31, 2019
Open Studio Classes
These classes are for people who have a small amount of pottery experience – if you need a top up in handling clay and making things at a basic level why not try our “Introduction to Pottery 5 Week Intensive Courses”?
Open Studio Class Times:
- Monday morning 9:30 am – 12:30 pm
- Monday afternoon 1:30 pm – 4:30 pm
- Monday evening 6 pm – 9 pm
- Wednesday morning 9:30 am – 12:30 pm
- Wednesday evening 6 pm – 9 pm
- Thursday morning 9:30 am – 12:30 pm
- Thursday afternoon 1:30 pm – 4:30 pm
- Thursday evening 6 pm – 9 pm
- Friday morning 9:30 am – 12:30 pm
- Saturday morning 9 am – 12 noon
Fees for Open Studio Classes:
- Casual – $50
- 5 Session Pass $200
- 10 Session Pass $300
Bookings are essential!
Explore the direction in your pottery journey that excites you the most! There will be a teacher and/or assistant there to help you discover your strengths and help you develop full expression of your creativity and artistic talents through clay. Perhaps you can develop a range for sale? Maybe supply your family with amazing dinner sets? Unlimited gifts, opportunities to exhibit, and much more for Firebird Studios’ students!
Techniques available to explore:
- Throwing on the potter’s wheel
- Flat ware
- Hand built home wares
- Sculpture and artworks
- Slip casting
- Nerikome and neriage
- Coloured clay – natural and bright stains
- Learn about firing and kilns
- Learn about glazes
We also run workshops to explore other areas of ceramics (current students get a discount!):
- Mould making
- Pit firing
- Gas firing
- Glaze technology
And a whole lot more!
Students can book a regular time/session without booking on these pages.
NB – there may be other classes/courses being conducted in the studio at the same time as Open Studio Class. There will always be a teacher/assistant available to help you. You are asked to NOT participate in the class being conducted unless you are enrolled in that class!