- This event has passed.
Jewellery Making Mini Course
August 24 @ 9:30 am - 12:30 pm$270
Jewellery Making Mini course
Starting Monday 24th August 9:30 am – 12:30 pm – Three Weeks
In this 3 week/3 lesson Mini Course you will learn how to make porcelain pieces for jewelley, how to colour them and glaze them and how to put your work together!
You might choose to recycle old dress jewellery by giving them a fresh new look with your hand made porcelain pieces, or you might choose to use new fittings from Spotlight or the Bead Shed at Carrara markets.
- Learn about porcelain
- Make plain and textured white pieces
- Make nerikome (coloured clay) pieces
- Prepare your work for the kiln
- Find out about the fittings you will need and where to get them
- Learn how to use underglaze
- Learn how to use oxide washes
- Learn how to glaze
- Rules for firing
- Put your work together
- Learn how to use tools
- Open and close jump rings
- Re-purposing old dress jewellery
- Using new fittings
- Display and finish.
Course fees of $270 include 3 x 3 hr lessons, all porcelain, colourants an two firings.
You will need to source fittings and old jewellery to finish your work.
Please bring your own hand towel.