- This event has passed.
Introduction to Pottery Short Course
June 16 @ 9:30 am - 12:30 pm$350
Introduction to Pottery Short Course – 5 Week Course
Commencing Tuesday June 16th 9:30 am – 12:30 pm
The Introduction to Pottery Short Course is a 5 week immersion into the very basic techniques used in making pottery by hand.
You will learn about the different types of clay, how to roll clay, pinch, coil and slab build.
You will make plates, planters, cups, mugs, and a vase.
- About clay
- Rolling clay by hand
- Creating & using textures
- Various flatware plates and bowls
- Obtaining a professional finish
- Pinch pots – cup, saucer and spoon
- Coil build a planter
- The clay workflow
- Mug with a handle
- Slip cast Keep Cup – in studio – book an individual time
- Coloured clay as decoration
- Slab building
- Making a small jewellery box
- Making a small vase
- Introduction to Glazing
- Glazing Rules
- Glazing Techniques
This course is fully inclusive of all materials and a set of tools. You can also book Open Studio sessions to glaze your work for free.
During COVID restrictions we have a class size of 6 people with plenty of space in the studio to practice social distancing. Please bring your own hand towel.