- This event has passed.
Introduction to Pottery – Saturday – March
March 16 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Introduction to Pottery
Fast track your pottery knowledge and skills with this structured mini course in the basics of pottery.
Book in for for the whole course starting on Wednesday 9th January, or just one class at a time!
Four Week Intensive Course
- Types of Clay
- Rolling clay by hand
- Creating & using textures
- Slump and drape moulds to make plates and bowls
- Japanese press plates and free form platters
- Obtaining a professional finish
- Pinch pots
- Thrown in the deep end pinch pot tea set!!
- The clay workflow
- Cups three ways:
- Wet slab
- Firm slab
- Slip cast
- Underglazes and Oxides
- Intro to glazing – clear glaze on underglaze or oxide
- Building with slabs, coils, pinch to create a jewellery box
- Intro to the potter’s wheel
- Glaze combinations
- Glazing rules and techniques
If you miss a class or join late we will arrange a make up class at a mutually convenient time.
After this Intensive Introduction to Pottery you can join the regular classes (spaces permitting)
All inclusive – clay, glazes and firings are all included.