Introduction to Pottery Level Two – Decorate – Thursday
May 23 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm$280
Introduction to Pottery – Level Two – Start Thursday 23rd May
6 – 9 pm
Fast track your pottery knowledge and skills with this structured mini course building on the skills gained in the Intro to Pottery – Level One course.
Spend more time developing your own designs within the design brief. Learn more about glazing and try many ways of adding surface decoration to your work. Introducing the wonderful world of body stains. Be amazed at what you can create within only 10 weeks of instruction!
Five Week Intensive Course
- Glazing 101
- Preparing for glazing
- Underglazes – under and over
- Glaze application
- Glazing rules for non-stick pots!
- Make a vase and a plate with coloured slip ready for Sgraffito next week
- Homework – prepare your design for sgraffito
- Execute the sgraffito design
- Coloured clay – how to make it and how to use it
- Introduction to Nerikome – make a small bowl
- Introduction to slip trailing
- Using a variety of clay types – theory about clay and practice using different clay
- Homework – design a tea or coffee set – either slab or pinch pot – including surface treatment – tray, pot, cups, accessories…
- Build the tea set – use different clay!
- Slab build and/or pinch pot your tea set
- Using washi paper – plus theory on decals and lustre firing
- Homework – design a complex slab built structure – including surface treatment and embellishments – include washi paper designs, sgraffito, nerikome, slip trailing, mixed clay types
- Construct a complex slab built design
- Clay embellishments
- Learn about the kilns and firing processes
- Finish your work
- Use wax resist in glazing
- Use a combination of glazes and underglazes
- Complimentary Open Studio Session
- Sgraffito Tools
- Half sheet of washi paper
- Some secret bonuses!!
If you miss a class we can arrange a make up class at a mutually convenient time.
All inclusive – clay, glazes and firings are all included.