- This event has passed.
Introduction to Pottery – Level Two – Saturday April 2019
April 6, 2019 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 9:00 am on Saturday, repeating until May 4, 2019
Introduction to Pottery – Level Two – Start Saturday 6th April 2019
9 am – 12 noon
Fast track your pottery knowledge and skills with this structured mini course building on the skills gained in the Intro to Pottery – Level One course.
Spend more time developing your own designs within the design brief. Learn more about glazing and decorating. Introducing the wonderful world of body stains.
Four Week Intensive Course
- Glazing 101
- Preparing for glazing
- Underglazes – under and over
- Glaze application
- Glazing rules for non-stick pots!
- Make a vase and a small plate with coloured slip ready for Sgraffito next week
- Homework – prepare your design for sgraffito
- Execute the sgraffito design
- Coloured clay – how to make it and how to use it
- Intro to Nerikome
- Homework – design a teapot – either slab or pinch pot – including surface treatment
- Build a tea set – teapot, cup and saucers, spoons, etc
- Slab build and/or pinch pot
- Homework – design a complex slab built structure – including surface treatment and embellishments
- Construct a complex slab built design
- Clay embellishments
If you miss a class we can arrange a make up class at a mutually convenient time.
All inclusive – clay, glazes and firings are all included.