Introduction to Pottery Level One – Wednesday Evening – July 17th
July 17 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm$280
Introduction to Pottery – Level One
Wednesday 17th July – 6 – 9 pm
The best way to start your pottery journey is with a series of focussed mini courses to show you all the basics and introduce you to some clay possibilities.
Five Week Intensive Course
- Types of Clay
- Rolling clay by hand
- Creating & using textures
- Slump and drape moulds to make plates and bowls
- Japanese press plates and free form platters
- Obtaining a professional finish
- Pinch pots
- Bud vases
- Spice dishes
- Cup, saucer and spoon
- The clay workflow
- Cups – design a simple template
- Soft and firm slab building
- Introduction to Slip Casting
- Building with slabs and coils
- Build a jewellery box
- Build a tall vase with a narrow neck
- Introduction to basic glazing
- Introduction to porcelain
If you miss a class a make up can be done at a mutually convenient time.
Course fees are fully inclusive – includes classes, clay and glaze materials, two firings and a small set of tools to keep.
You will also receive a voucher to attend Open Studio at a time suitable to you after the finish of your course to come and finish glazing your work.