- This event has passed.
Introduction to Pottery Level One – Tuesday PM
January 28, 2020 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm$350
Introduction to Pottery – Level One – Make
Tuesday 28th January 2020 – 6 – 9 pm
The best way to start your pottery journey is with a series of focussed mini courses to show you all the basics and introduce you to some clay possibilities.
Five Week Intensive Course
- Types of Clay
- Rolling clay by hand
- Creating & using textures
- Slump and drape moulds to make plates and bowls
- Japanese press plates and free form platters
- Obtaining a professional finish
- The clay workflow
- Pinch pots – make a tea setting!
- Cups – design a simple template
- Soft and firm slab building
- Introduction to Slip Casting
- Building with slabs and coils
- Build a jewellery box from slabs
- Build a jewellery box from pinch and coil
- Introduction to basic glazing
- Introduction to porcelain
After finishing this course you will have a really good understanding of the main ways to make pottery by hand. Many people make their entire living off hand made pottery, so find your style, find your niche and get to it!
- Your course fees include a set of basic clay tools that are yours to keep (value around $20).
- All clay, glaze, basic decorating materials & two firings of all your work and other studio materials are all fully included in course fees.
- ***We give you a FREE 5 class pass to Open Studio Classes (valued at $200) so you can maintain work flow and finish projects and glazing in a timely fashion!
- When you finish your course your first purchased 10 class pass included 3 free classes ($90 bonus)!
Looking forward to seeing your creations!