- This event has passed.
Introduction to Pottery Level One – Saturday – Start July 20th
July 20 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm$280
Introduction to Pottery – Level One
Start Saturday 20th July – 9am – 12 noon
The best way to start your pottery journey is with a series of focussed mini courses to show you all the basics and introduce you to some clay possibilities.
Five Week Intensive Course
- Types of Clay
- Rolling clay by hand
- Creating & using textures
- Slump and drape moulds to make plates and bowls
- Japanese press plates and free form platters
- Obtaining a professional finish
- Pinch pots
- Bud vases
- Spice dishes
- Cup, saucer and spoon
- The clay workflow
- Cups – design a simple template
- Soft and firm slab building
- Introduction to Slip Casting
- Building with slabs and coils
- Build a jewellery box
- Build a tall vase with a narrow neck
- Introduction to basic glazing
- Introduction to porcelain
If you miss a class a make up can be done at a mutually convenient time.
Course fees are fully inclusive – includes classes, clay and glaze materials, two firings and a small set of tools to keep.
You will also receive a voucher to attend Open Studio at a time suitable to you after the finish of your course to come and finish glazing your work.
Why not sign up for 10 weeks of pottery immersion and do the Level Two – Decorate course as well. If you join for both courses together, you will recieve a discount of $80 – making both courses $500 – click through to the Level One aand Level Two course together offer!