- This event has passed.
Hand Building Short Course – Beginner
October 8, 2020 @ 9:30 am - 12:30 pm$450
Hand Building – Introduction to Pottery Short Course – 5 Week Course
Commencing Thursday 8th October 9:30 am – 12:30 pm
The Hand Building Introduction to Pottery Short Course is a 5 week immersion into the very basic techniques used in making pottery by hand.
You will learn about the different types of clay, how to roll clay, pinch, coil and slab build.
You will make plates, planters, cups, mugs, and a vase.
- About clay
- Rolling clay by hand
- Creating & using textures
- Various flatware plates and bowls
- Obtaining a professional finish
- Pinch pots – cup, saucer and spoon
- Coil build a planter
- The clay workflow
- Mug with a handle
- Slip cast Keep Cup – in studio – book an individual time
- Coloured clay as decoration
- Slab building
- Making a small jewellery box
- Making a small vase
- Introduction to Glazing
- Glazing Rules
- Glazing Techniques
This course is fully inclusive of all materials and a set of tools. You can also book Open Studio sessions to glaze your work for free.