- This event has passed.
Dinner Set Short Course
May 25, 2021 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm$525.00
Dinner Set Short Course – 5 Weeks
Starting Tuesday 25th May – 6pm – 9 pm
In this 5 week course you will learn the basics of making in clay.
This course is suitable for beginner to advanced. Beginners will learn basic flatware, slip casting and decorating techqnies. Advanced potters will have the chance to design and manufacture a beautiful dinner set they can be super proud of!
- Learn about clay – handling, recycling, rolling, etc.
- Rolling technique for failsafe results
- Textures and potters mark
- Design, textures, colours
- Begin making 4 large plates
- Learn about slip casting
- Make 4 small plates
- Make or slip cast 4 bowls
- Make or slip cast 4 cups
- Finish plates and bowls
- Finish all plates, bowls, and cups
- Make a larger bowl or platter and spoons
- Begin glazing your work
- Finish glazing your work
- Photograph it before taking home
You will have access to Open Studio times during your course and for two weeks after your course to finish glazing if required. Everything you need will be provided and the course is fully inclusive of materials and firing.
Please bring your own hand towel!