Alter a Thrown Form Mini Course
February 18 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm$315
Alter a Thrown Form Mini Course – 3 Weeks
Starting Thursday February 18th 6 – 8 pm
Lynda will be hosting a series of Mini Courses designed to challenge your throwing and take your work to a higher level.
In this Mini Course we will be focussing on the ability to alter your thrown work at various stages of making.
We will make some multi piece sets and bend, paddle, carve, texture and stamp your work!
- Throw a bottle and alter it on the wheel – indentations
- Throw a vase and alter it on the wheel – pushing from the inside
- Throw a vase – ready to paddle next week
- Throw a lidded container – ready to alter next week
- Trim the vase, remove the base, paddle to a new shape – add a new base!
- Trim the lidded container – add textures and stamps
- Throw two forms and decorate with slip – texture – carving through
- Finish all work
- Glaze discussions and demonstrations
- Finish glazing in Open Studio