- This event has passed.
Advanced Porcelain 4 Week Course
November 9 @ 9:30 am - 12:30 pm$395.00
Porcelain 4 Week Intermediate and Advanced Course
Starting Tuesday 9th November 9:30 am – 12:30 pm
Learn about the amazing material of porcelain!
We use a mid-fire Keane’s Lumina which is not a true porcelain, however the material is similar and still exciting to use! Porcelain is knows as a difficult material – prone to cracking, delicateness, difficulty in handling. We will discuss the effects and limitations of using a mid fire porcelain and the advantages/disadvantages of using a true high fire porcelain.
- Using Keanes Midfire Porcelain slip
- Make nerikome slabs
- Make a Porcelain platter with nerikome slab inserts
- Using nerikome slabs to create fine hand built pieces
- Make cups, vases and flat based bowls
- Hand build or throw with porcelain an use decoration with washi, oxides, slips, and underglazes – keep in mind adding decals and lustres
- Try using porcelain in thrown or hand built pieces as additions at the wet stage or leather hard stage.
- Slip cast with porcelain using coloured slips and marbling
- Use porcelain slip to create slab built items
(some of these images are from Pinterest)
Feel free to come to the studio as you please to complete work after week three and put all work through the glaze firing. A gold/lustre firing will be done shortly.
Porcelain supplied, colours supplied – you may like to get gold/washi/lustres and decals for your work. 3 firings included.