- This event has passed.
Advanced Decoration Short Course
June 4, 2020 @ 9:30 am - 12:30 pm$350
Advanced Decoration Short Course – Five Weeks
Commencing June 4th 9:30 am – 12:30 am
In this five week Advanced Decoration Short Course you will learn complex surface decoration techniques to give you even more choice to make your pottery work stand out in the crowd!
- Shellac/wax/resist to create texture
- Carving and piercing
- Make your own textures
- Design with texture
- Using underglazes, oxides and glazes with texture
- Creating texture
- Using colour
- Paper transfers with engobes
- Layering techniques
- WASHI, LUSTRES, DECALS
- The processes to make your own
- Using commercial washi and decals
- Firing cycles for lustres and decals
- Where to get your washi and decals
- How to use them uniquely
- UNDERGLAZES, OXIDES, GLAZES
- Advanced underglazes, using as over glazes
- Using oxides – commercial or raw material
- Advanced glazing
- Using multiple techniques
- Planning layers
- Design aspects of layering
- Work flow for layering
This course is theory and demonstration centered. It is NOT focussed on making work – you will need pieces in various stages of dryness. You will receive an email with what you need prior to each week. This course does NOT include clay, or other materials, but does include firing. We can sell small quantities of most materials such as clay, engobes, underglazes, tools, and firing, some washi, some decals, a few special glazes, etc., however, you will need to purchase lustres and metallics and anything you choose to expand your palette from Picasso’s. the course includes bisque and glaze firing and a single lustre firing will be done for everyone’s work at the end of the course. The course will be recorded and available online.
During COVID restrictions we have a class size of 6 people with plenty of space in the studio to practice social distancing. Please bring your own hand towel.