- This event has passed.
4 Week Introduction to the Potters Wheel Course
February 3 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm$300
4 Week Potters Wheel Introduction Course
This short course will start you off in the right direction on your journey to master the potters wheel!
This course is suitable for complete beginners, as well as those with some experience on the wheel.
- Preparing and wedging clay
- Centering – the wild art of getting the clay to spin in the very middle!
- Opening and making a base
- Making the sides of cylinders
- Trimming your cylinders – add a handle (make a mug!!)
- Making small bowls
- Using more clay in bowls and cylinders – getting your work bigger!
- Trimming your bowls
- Throwing on a bat
- Plates and bigger bowls
- How to make a lid
While this course is only 4 weeks long, it will set you up with good habits and good basic skills! We hope you will join us in Open Studio after your course to continue your throwing practice! Practice, over the long term, is the only way to get good on the wheel!
The course fees are all inclusive – you can glaze your own work, or we can do it for you – we will fire it twice and it will be ready for taking home around three weeks after you make it!