Design & Decorate Master Class
Experienced hand building required
Work from a design brief
Design & Decorate Master Master Class
10 Week Design & Decorate Master Class.
This course is project based. There are 6 projects to complete over the 10 weeks of the course. Each week you receive a design brief for the work to be done – how you execute it is up to you.
The design brief will lead you through a series of advanced hand building techniques and deep dive into the decorating techniques of sgraffito, washi transfers, nerikome, slip trailing piercing and carving.
You will also be required to prepare a mood board for each project and finish your work off with photographs!
- PROJECT ONE
- Design and make a set of bottles, no more than 10cm tall, for sgraffito
- Apply engobes
- Begin the execution of the sgraffito design on your work
- PROJECT TWO
- Design and make 4 dishes with foot rings
- Decorate with washi
- Ensure decoration is “unique”
- PROJECT THREE
- Using porcelain nerikome
- Design and build three small hand built forms
- PROJECT FOUR
- Design and build a slab built coffee or tea set
- Use slip trailing to enhance texture
- Combine decoration elements for interest
- Finish slab built tea or coffee set
- PROJECT FIVE
- Elaborate lidded container
- Wall hanging
- Choose decoration
- PROJECT SIX
- Piercing and carving
- Build three tealights or candle holders with piercing and carving
- Finish and glaze your work
- Construct multi media pieces
- Finish glazing
You should have a wonderful portfolio once this course is finished!
Now move into Open Studio and keep building on your favourite direction
Please indicate your interest in the Design & Deorate Master Class using this form
Made by Students
Sign Up For Our Newsletter
Sign up for our newsletter to stay in touch regarding classes, workshops, exhibitions, market days, open days and more. Our newsletter also has tips and hints for your pottery skills development!