Design & Decorate Master Class
Amazing course to take your pottery beyond dipping in glaze!
Experience making on the potter’s wheel of by hand essential!
Best course to do after completing Hand Building Masterclass or Potters Wheel Masterclass – or both!
Project based – work from a design brief!
Design & Decorate Master Master Class
10 Week Design & Decorate Master Class.
This course is project based. There are 6 projects to complete over the 10 weeks of the course. Each week you receive a design brief for the work to be done – how you execute it is up to you!
The design brief will lead you through a series of hand built or wheel thrown ideas that will extend your skills. Each project will deep dive and explore the decorating techniques of sgraffito, washi transfers, nerikome, slip trailing piercing and carving.
You can also prepare a mood board for each project and finish your work off with photographs!
- PROJECT ONE
- Design and make a set of bottles, no more than 10cm tall, for sgraffito
- Apply engobes
- Begin the execution of the sgraffito design on your work
- PROJECT TWO
- Design and make 4 dishes with foot rings
- Decorate with washi
- Ensure decoration is “unique”
- PROJECT THREE
- Using porcelain nerikome
- Design and create three small forms by hand or on the wheel (neriage/marble ware)
- PROJECT FOUR
- Design and create a coffee or tea set
- Use slip trailing to enhance texture
- Combine decoration elements for interest
- Finish slab built tea or coffee set
- PROJECT FIVE
- Elaborate lidded container
- Wall hanging
- Choose decoration
- PROJECT SIX
- Piercing and carving
- Build three tealights or candle holders with piercing and carving
- Finish and glaze your work
- Construct multi media pieces
- Finish glazing
You should have a wonderful portfolio once this course is finished!
Now move into Open Studio and keep building on your favourite direction
Made by Students
Sign Up For Our Newsletter
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news, updates and discounts from our team.